Friday 28 September 2012

AUDACIOUS ATTACK ON BREAKFAST

The buffet breakfast is a mighty beast, is it not. You may eat a piece of dry toast normally, but see the buffet and you just can't stop. Or is it me. On one occasion, I managed orange juice, cereal, toast, yogurt, cheese, assorted fruit, coffee and a range of small pastries in the space of 45 minutes. I could barely make it back to my hotel room. When I did, I fell on the bed where I lay for the next three hours like a beached whale. I missed the coach trip, the karaoke, the hypnotist and the bingo, so there was an up side. I know someone who, when on holiday, scoffs a similar gigantic breakfast and manages to smuggle out - on his person - four bread rolls, half a pound of cheese, six pains aux chocolat and a bowl of fruit for lunch. Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment