Tuesday 18 September 2012

PLAN, WRITE, EDIT, PUBLISH


You'll have heard of a book called Eat, Pray, Love. I've read it. This American woman goes to Italy, India and Indonesia to sort herself out, eat herself stupid and find a man. That about sums it up. I've written a book called Search, Silence, Shoe. It reflects a memorable year of travelling in Burma, Belgium and Blairgowrie, during which time I came face to face with myself. I looked in the mirror and said: 'How did you come to this?' It was tough. I realised that my journey was no Eat, Pray, Love retail opportunity. This was a gutsy, brutally honest exploration of human frailties. (Not mine, obviously.) In Burma I began the Search; in Belgium I met Silence; in Blairgowrie I found a Shoe. That about sums it up. I'm working on a sequel. It's called Me, You, But Mainly Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment