Sunday 16 September 2012

A NOTE OF MUSICAL ABILITY

My guitar playing lacks polish. It also lacks technical skill, artistic merit and musical ambience. I have played the guitar for forty-five years. I hit a low plateau forty-two years ago and it's been downhill since then. If you were to hear me play, you would say: SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP. I myself wear industrial strength earplugs when I play. All this, and yet....... Playing The Guitar is one of my favourite hobbies. It's an expression of my deeply creative self. It's a statement of personal courage and self-belief in the face of overwhelmingly damning feedback that my guitar-playing is astonishingly awful. I have recently bought a violin. Can you sense my excitement as I contemplate this new and wonderful musical journey ahead of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment