Saturday 15 September 2012

COASTAL WALK: IT'S BIG

I'm thinking about walking the Fife Coastal Path. It's about 116 miles long. I'm visualising myself with my rucsac and waterproofs, striding out, taking in the sea air. It's a big commitment: I know this. I have a number of questions at this early stage of the planning process:
  • should I walk clockwise or anti-clockwise?
  • how many sandwiches will I need, and which fillings would be best?
  • is it appropriate to carry travellers' cheques?
  • will I get my picture in the PA? (Perthshire Advertiser)
Logistical planning for events of physical endurance admittedly is not one of my strengths. Astute as my questions are, I can't help feeling that I'm missing the whole central concept of this long distance walk. You may be surprised to hear that flippancy, ignorance and crass stupidity have landed me in plenty of trouble in the past. I'm going to give myself a damn good talking to. Then I'm going to get me some seriously expert advice on the details and the challenges of this thing.
Does anyone have a map of Fife?

No comments:

Post a Comment