Sunday 23 September 2012

ANOTHER CAR BOOT EXPERIENCE

Car boot sales in Rural Perthshire are legendary. You can't live in Rural Perthshire without slipping 'car boot sale' into your  conversation at least once a day. I loaded my car this morning with sixteen boxes of stuff, confident that my quality products would entice even the most cautious buyer to part with a shedload of cash. Though I say it myself, the artistic flair with which I displayed my goods was staggering. Punters swarmed round my table within minutes of setting up. Business was frenetic. Here's a taste of the banter:
Punter:  'How much for this completely knackered alarm clock?'
Me: 'Five quid. And I'll throw in these rusty tent pegs as well.'
Punter: '50p.'
Me: 'Done.'
And so the morning went. Hours flew by in a blur of high energy trading and weak tea. It was somewhat worrying to discover that I had eighteen boxes of stuff when I packed up. Still, I couldn't wait to get home and check out my earnings. I admit that £11.75 was disappointing, but hell, you don't do a car boot sale in Rural Perthshire for the money. Or the weak tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment