Tuesday 11 September 2012

OLYMPIC TRAINING PLAN RELEASED

Now the Olympics and the Paralympics are over, I've decided to start a new regime in fitness training. I like to aim high, so I'll be putting myself forward for 2016. This is the schedule: select a sport by end of December 2013; buy the necessary equipment by end of June 2014; begin training by end of December 2014; reach peak of physical performance by June 2015; apply for selection on 31/7/15. So, no pressure at all.
Field events appeal, but the unfortunate incident with the javelin on the school field many years ago perhaps suggests that throwing  lethal objects is not for me. Something sitting down would be good. Competing at Dressage would be satisfying as I'm very good at choreographing dance. How hard can it be to supervise a horse. Then there's sailing. I've watched it on television. A couple of hours in a boat - I think I'd be cruising. You can see why I've set my selection-of-sport date so far ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment