Saturday 12 January 2013

JUNGIAN PERSPECTIVE IS FAVOURED

Now I'm more your Jungian than your Freudian when it comes to dream analysis, so let's give it a go. Last night, I dreamt I was hitting people over the head with the slack end of a roll of Christmas wrap. Excuse me? It may sound fatuous and pointless to you, but it's my unconscious process so show some respect and let's move on.
Here are my current Jungian-based observations:
Me: embedded, unresolved anger issues about feeling marginalised and misunderstood;  ongoing incandescent rage about the price of a roll of Christmas wrap.
Other: embedded, unresolved feelings of inadequacy; passive-aggressive issues; ongoing self-flagellation for forgetting to buy Auntie Betty's Christmas present.
Dreams - as you know - can be terrifying, perplexing, meaningful. This particular one (I'm calling it Identity and Christmas Wrap Matrix) will no doubt tax me for some days yet. Jungian analysis can't possibly be rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment