Friday 2 November 2012

THE CLOUD TROUBLES ME

There's this thing called The Cloud. Someone told me that when you download a book on to your Kindle, you can just leave it in The Cloud when you've finished it. I said to this person: "Where Is The Cloud And What Does It Mean?" She said The Cloud was the thing that enabled her to manage her reading material. I said again, "But What Is The Cloud?" It was too late. She was already synching her Kindle with other conceptual Cloud things. Now I think that if we all go round saying things like "It's in The Cloud", without having a notion of what we're talking about, we're heading for trouble. What if someone connects to The Cloud and looks at your stuff? What happens if you want some stuff back and you don't know how to get it? Can you inadvertently send all your Facebook friends into The Cloud? (Like This, People. You're in The Cloud. Now deal with it.)
I'm going to get to grips with this thing. I don't want to be ordering Christmas presents online and find that I've sent the whole damn lot up into some virtual sorting office.

No comments:

Post a Comment