Sunday 11 November 2012

EVERYTHING IS OUT THERE

This whole interweb thing is very handy. You can get pretty much anything you want. Grocery shopping, Christmas presents, directions to your local Social Phobia Support Group. You can also log on to find you've got two hundred flaky new friends, a colossal gambling debt and an estimated delivery date for an outdoor trampoline that you didn't actually order. The key word here, I think, is discretion. Always use the interweb with conscious awareness, or you may find your life spiralling out of control. Did you know that you can get a life-like inflatable partner, a quarter share in a yurt in Kyrgyzstan and an M.Sc. in Therapeutic Farming Practices on the click of that button? Outcomes for me have been mixed. I've had several invitations (accepted) to present academic papers at agricultural conferences. Feedback overwhelmingly noted shambolic presentation and massive gaps in knowledge and understanding. The inflatable partner thing never was a good idea in hindsight. Onwards and upwards. I'm after a Doctorate in the Social Sciences. This time I'll conduct my searches with focus. Discretion, remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment