Thursday 6 December 2012

FRACKING SOUNDS QUITE DODGY

Fracking is back in the news, I notice. There was a time earlier this year when you couldn't get through the day without someone commenting on the relative benefits of fracking in a broken society. It was fracking this, and fracking that. I got totally obsessed with the word and spent weeks experimenting with it in social circles. "A fracking good concert, I thought." "Andy Murray looks fracked off again." "What the frack were you thinking?" After three weeks of this sort of carry on, my 'friend' suggested that I should really add the word to my list of Alternative Expletives. I was thinking that it had a rather whimsical sound when I dropped it randomly into conversation. Apparently not. Well, frack it. It's going on the list, and I'm in the process of bedding it in. Note to self: do your research, and find out what the fracking word means.

2 comments:

  1. To enjoy the word fully you need to watch, as we currently are, the full 2004 tv series of Battlestar Galactica. No doubt your instant reaction to that will be the same as mine..."Frack that!"...but in fact it is an extraordinary series right up there with your other favorites like West Wing, The Wire etc etc. Give it a chance...and so say we all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that David. I'm impressed that you managed to read through one of my dodgy posts, let alone have the graciousness to comment!
      I'm fracking thrilled, to be honest.

      Delete