Sunday 21 October 2012

GARDENING, KNITTING AND BAKING?

Having spent two hours in the garden, clearing dead summer flowers and planting spring bulbs, I'm in a mellow sort of mood. There'll be no shouting here today. No cynical comments or provocative questions. I can do acquiescent. I can do collaborative. Later on I might do a spot of knitting, or perhaps bake some brownies. (No I won't.) Actually, I've just purchased a book called 'Knitlympics' and I'm so wishing now I could knit. You can knit Sebastian Coe! Or Paula Radcliffe! It's brilliant.  There are pictures and everything. Who am I kidding? I'm already struggling to sustain my Italian lessons, front crawl practice drills and preparation for my Satirical Songs One Woman Show at next year's Edinburgh Fringe. When am I going to learn elementary knitting?

2 comments:

  1. I will teach you, o left-handed one! I'll bring needles and wool next time we venture north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind offer.I must mention that my fine motor and cognitive processing difficulties are such that you may need to stay a lot longer than you'd like. Bring a food parcel.

      Delete